Workshop: Introduction to Upcycling with Duncan McKean from “Money for Nothing”Learn from one of the BBC's resident upcyclers!
Cost:£170.00 per person
About this experience
Workshop: Introduction to Upcycling
Dates:18th & 25th September (10am-4pm)
Level: Age 16+
Have you always dreamed about transforming an unwanted product into something new? Perhaps you’re a fan of the TV show “The Repair Shop” and have your own project in mind? Or maybe you want to make an uncommon gift for someone special?
Good news – we’ve got you covered! We have teamed up with Duncan McKean, resident upcycler of the hit BBC One show “Money for Nothing” to bring you an immersive restoration experience exclusive to Rock Paper Scissors.
In this workshop, you will turn an item you bring from home into a beautiful, bespoke light fixture.
* Bring an item you would like to upcycle (we'll talk through options before the workshop); you will also be restoring an item from the workshop
* We’ll meet at our makers workshop where we’ll begin with a toolbox talk about health and safety and Duncan will introduce the different techniques and processes you’ll use to make your own special light
* Then we’ll begin the exciting work of restoring your items
* Tea and biscuits, as well as a light lunch, will be provided
* Your lamp will be inspected and certified by Duncan to ensure it meets all current industry standards, including RoHS 2 Directives for Lighting Products.
* All tools and materials (other than the item you bring to upcycle) will be provided, including CE marked products (such as light fittings, switches, LED bulbs and cables)
* You must be at least 16 years old to take part in this class
Duncan McKean is the talented founder of Albert & Edward and the resident upcycling expert on the BBC TV program Money For Nothing.